Friday, 7 March 2008

Back By Demand by The Soulful Strings




















Produced by Richard Evans (1969 Cadet Records)


Arranged by Richard Evans


My first experience of The Soulful Strings was hearing their version of "Listen Here" on a Cadet Compilation album called "Respect". This version of Eddie Harris's classic is my favorite version. It is just too damn funky for words. I was surprised to find out that it came from a live album. "Back By Demand: In Concert" has a slightly faux feel as some of the tracks were obviously recorded in the studio. Never the less, this is a groovin' album and a great set. So Enjoy.


Recorded: November 6th & 7th at The London House, Chicago


Woodwinds - Lennie Druss

Guitar - Phil Upchurch

Vibes - Bobby Christian

Ron Steele -  Guitar

Drums - Morris Jennings Jr.

Bass - Cleveland Eaton and Richard Evans


Side 1


Listen Here

I Wish It Would Rain

You're All I Need

Pavanne

There Was A Time


Side 2


Oboe Flats

I'm A Girl watcher

Claire De Lune

MacArthur Park


Download

3 comments:

beat2go00 said...

thx! alot

ish said...

nice. awesome post.

Licorice Pizza said...

On the road and listening to this in my hotel room and what an awesome album this is. Great post. LP